Friday, May 6, 2011

Up Early.

But guess who isn't?  Kevin and Chloe are still sleeping and guess what?  Our little bloom slept from 7pm to 5am.  Then fell back asleep after nursing.  I've already showered and had breakfast and it's 7:15am.  Perhaps this is my early Mother's Day gift?  I'd embrace this sleep routine with open arms. 

I'm downstairs checking up on some favorite blogs.  I'll confess they are sort of like my morning news.  I learned years ago that watching news just puts me in a funk.  It just is not my cup of tea.  (I do however keep up with major events online.)  I prefer to start my morning on a positive note. 

There hasn't been much to blog lately.  Life has been simple and nearly picture-less for a about a week.  We've been busy. 

Kevin had midterms last night.  You heard me right, midterm, on his last term.  We are over the hump.  Let the countdown begin!  I can't wait for his commencement and to celebrate all he has accomplished.  And I love ceremony, for so many reasons.  I tell you, this man has perseverance and loves to learn.  I lovingly told him that after a year off from school he can consider going back for another degree if he likes.  But for that year it will be family time.  He anticipates the change with excitement.  There is nothing he wouldn't do for more time with us.

Most days this week Chloe and I have been on the search to escape the heat.  Even here seaside the days have been in the 80's and 90's.  Which I love.  But we get pretty toasty during the day.  So we've tried:  swimming, a drive around the neighborhood with the AC on, perusing local shops, The Little Gym for a tumble and lots of walks.  We've tried the beach but Chloe is not totally old enough yet.  She cries after about 30 minutes.  We'll try again soon.  I'm still on my reorganize, de-stacking  mission.  Slowly but surely.

I just heard the babe awaken.  Time for breakfast.

See I told you, picture-less: kinda boring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such a nice morining for you:). happy early mother's day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...