Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Portland. part two.

My sister is always the most gracious host.  Sharing all of her gorgeous two room studio with me and little Chloe.  It's prewar charm and my sister's well traveled eclectic decor were so cozy.  It was so nice to wake up and go to bed with her nearby like we did when we were kids.  I'm ready to plan our next trip.  Maybe Kevin can join us next time.  He often stays behind to hold down the fort and work, how nice (and responsible) of him.  He really is the best.  Oh and don't worry Sis, we will book a hotel if there is three of us next time.
Posing like she owns the place.
This never happens.  I had to document it.























And what would make our trip even better?  A weekend with my aunts and cousins too!  Yep, my dad's sisters and my cousins all traveled Portland so we could spend the weekend together.  We shopped, antiqued, barbequed and relaxed.  Us girls know how to eat, relax and shop.  It was so nice to be together.  My Auntie Diane hosted us ladies and be had so much fun catching up while Chloe and Kinsey frolicked in her huge green garden of a yard.  I hope we can make these girls get togethers more frequent.  I know we all would love this. 

We also spent one afternoon visiting the cemetery in their hometown.  We brought flowers for my grandparents and my Uncle Barry.  We said goodbye to my Auntie Karen who passed away last September.  We will greatly miss her child-like spirit.  It was nice to remember her and pay tribute as I was not able to make it to her funeral.

I love these ladies.

With my beautiful cousin Morgan. 



Window shopping on NW 23rd.



With cousin Kinsey.  Best buddies after only an hour.

Sister Sister.


Sara's place.

My sister's study materials.  She is learning ancient Chinese.

Ready to go to the airport with Auntie Diane.






















These two reuniting in the airport was so beyond cute.  Every day while we were away at some point Chloe would look at me and stick out her bottom lip in one big pout and say, "Dada." in near tears.  It was both sad and incredibly sweet.  This man is really loved by his girls.

3 comments:

akenney said...

Aww.. love her little pink dress and blonde curls. Sweet.
<3

The Locklins said...

Thank you! She is a little sweet firecracker.

The Locklins said...

Thank you! She is a little sweet firecracker! Thanks for reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...