Sunday, June 10, 2012

Austin, TX. part 1

To take in as much of Austin as we could, we cleared our calendar and stayed nearly 5 days.  We can't wait to go back to explore again.  We found several favorite spots & visited some of our friends favorite local eats.  It was relaxed, steamy with lots of charm.  Just what I expected, but better.  And for a couple days we got to tour the town with Kevin's childhood friends.  I love seeing those guys together.  I tell you I could drop everything and move to Driftwood, Texas.  Green trees, blue skies, hanging lanterns, picnic tables and wild-flowered lawns.  Dreamy, I tell you.  Parts of the city are a little gritty but still worth checking out.  Here are a few highlights.

At The Saltlick, Driftwood, Texas.



Eric, Checking in.




Thanks Uncle EFT,










1 comment:

Nicole said...

So glad you got to inhale some Salt Lick, Lisa! Such a cool restaurant. And great pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...