Saturday, September 10, 2011

Table for two.

I'm 30.  sigh.  I feel like I've been here mentally for a few years now.  But it felt like a big deal once the day finally arrived.  My birthday was on the 28th of August, but I've been up to my ears in To-do's and busy taking care of my babes to blog.

My (super thoughtful) love planned the perfect, romantic, surprise outing to celebrate my entrance into a new decade, the big 3-Oh! There has been a lot going on, so something low key seemed just my speed.  Chloe entertained Kevin's parents while we went out on a birthday adventure.
My cute driver, with a surprise plan up his sleeves.

We dined for 2 uninterrupted hours.  It was amazing.























Our first surprise stop, dinner at Campanile, a favorite of mine since I last ate there 15 years ago.  Kevin remembered my mentioning it every time we drive by on La Brea.

Dinner was divine.  A quiet table, just us two, one delicious bottle of wine, one classic old fashioned waiter and phenomenal cuisine.  I had the Summer Squash and Ricotta Ravioli with Sage, Currants and Pine nuts.  Kevin had the Salmon with Roasted Red Pepper Risotto.  Are you hungry yet?  
I didn't get carded.  But the wine was divine.















Surprise #2- Kevin handed we our tickets to the show during dinner.  Cirque de Soleil has been on my must see list for a long time but I can't stand Vegas.  I know that is shocking for so many people.  Other than awesome food, I really would be content if I never returned to that city.  No crazy stories or anything, I'm more of a mellow kinda girlLittle did I know that their current show Iris just opened at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.  The show is an escape into another world.  A total must see.

Everything about the evening was fun, even our sprint to make it to the show on time was exhilarating.  Kevin had it all planned but at the same time it felt spontaneous and relaxed.  We could just be us two, out on a date and remember how much in love we are.  I have a sneaking feeling my thirties will be my favorite decade yet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...